Membership Terms And Conditions
This is a list of friendly do’s and don’ts when it comes to your membership at Genesis Fitness. Here you can find info on any request you may have, and general etiquette within the gym while training. All regulations are designed to take the guesswork and hassle out off your training. Please read and see reception if you have any questions.
COVID 19 and Protection framework Genesis Fitness follows all government mandates concerning the NZ COVID protection framework. Genesis Fitness is a fully vaccinated facility and requires all members and staff to be fully vaccinated in accordance with Ministry of Health guidelines, to use our facility. On entry you will need to provide your vaccination status and fill any forms and waivers directed by GHF staff. You will need a form of identification to accompany your vaccine pass. No private personal or health information is retained. In addition, your access and use of the social media platforms that we use (including, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter) will be subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the companies that operate those platforms.
- 1. If you forget your tag you must inform staff at reception of your name so you can be manually signed in. Please do not climb over the gates.
- 2. No one else may use your card.
- 3. If your card is lost, stolen or broken, you’ll need to organise a new card at reception. There is a replacement tag cost of $10.
- 4. There are no refunds on membership payments.
- 5. If you’re membership fees are not up to date we may deny you access to the gym. Members will be responsible for all fees & collection costs incurred during process of debt recovery.
- 6. Any suspensions request must be put through in writing by filling out a ‘Membership Suspension Application’. This can be filled out at reception, or sent via email at your request.
- 7. No hold entitlements to memberships below 6 months
- 8. Minimum period of 2 weeks for suspensions, and maximum period of three months unless authorised by Management.
- 9. If a suspension is in place, it is solely the member’s responsibility to remember the end date. We do not remind members’ of their suspension end date. No refunds of payments in cases where members have forgotten a suspension end date.
- 10. Suspensions cannot be backdated. We process the suspension on the day we receive the request form.
- 11. Suspension forms need to be handed in or e-mailed to email@example.com at least 3 working days before the suspension start date.
- 12. Genesis takes no responsibly for any payments that fall within this period.
- 13. Members on our direct debit payment system must give 14 days’ notice of cancellation.
- 14. If cancelling before minimum period, charges of no less than 30% of the remaining term amount will be paid to Genesis Fitness before any cancellation authority can be given.
- 15. Do not tamper with any fire alarms or fire exits.
- 16. In the event of an emergency an alarm will sound and please exit the facility immediately (doors are located in all areas of the facility).
- 17. Please assemble adjacent to the netball courts in front of the main entrance.
- 18. Members on a direct debit must pay the $21.90 dishonour fee for failed payments to Genesis Fitness.
- 19. There are no refunds for dishonour fees.
- 20. It is the members responsibility to update expired or stolen credit cards either online (members portal) or at reception.
The management of Genesis Fitness Club reserves the right to terminate membership of anyone who refuses to observe the terms or conditions of the club, damages equipment or is seen to be abusive or disrespectful to other members and staff.