- The customer authorises the Company to collect, retain and use personal information about the Customer for the following purposes only:
- To assist the company in providing you with a quality service.
- Our internal record keeping and business purposes.
- Assessing the Customer’s creditworthiness.
- Disclosing details to a third party for the purposes of recovering amounts payable by the Customer to the Company and/or providing a credit reference.
- Website and application use information collected on an aggregate basis, as you and others browse or interact with our website or our social media channels, and use our application.
- Marketing goods and services supplied by the Company or its selected business partners
- To notify competition winners or fulfil promotional obligations
- To provide additional contact information for service and product warranty purposes
Website use information
For research and data collection purposes, our website uses cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the website, and understanding how visitors use the website. This information helps us to customise the website for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies and the data that they collect may be connected to you using that information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Social media information
Our social media channels are public and everything posted by visitors can be seen by everyone else, this includes, any likes, comments, shares or other forms of online interaction. On our social media channels, you may provide personal information to us, including your name, profile information and profile picture. Changing the visibility of the information can be controlled through the settings for your account on the relevant social media platform.
For the protection of your own privacy please do not share any personal, confidential or sensitive information when posting on any of our social media channels.
If you would prefer unsubscribing/ unable tracking and data collecting when browsing our website, please follow this link: http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/. The user is able to opt-out from targeted/ behavioural advertising, by deleting browser cookies from your device.
Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV)
Collection of CCTV Footage
- Purpose of Collection: We collect CCTV footage for the purposes of maintaining the safety and security of our premises, employees, customers, and visitors, as well as for the prevention and detection of criminal activity
- Scope: CCTV cameras are strategically placed in specific area of our premises to monitor and record activities, such as entrances, exits, public spaces, and sensitive areas, as required for security purposes
- Limited Use: CCTV footage is only accessible to Genesis Management and will only be used for the purposes outlined in this policy, unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Use and Retention of CCTV Footage
- Access and Viewing: Access to CCTV footage captured will be restricted to Management on an external hard drive for security purposes or as otherwise required by law.
- Retention Period: We will retain CCTV footage for a limited period of 14 days, as required for security purposes and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. The specific retention period may vary depending on the nature of the recorded activities and legal requirements.
- Destruction: Once the retention period has elapsed, CCTV footage will be securely deleted or destroyed to ensure that it cannot be recovered or accessed.
Distribution of information
The company may share personal information with the third parties that we work with, to provide or promote our products and services, including using matching or similar information and other techniques to identify potential audiences for our products and services. Your personal information will only be shared on a confidential basis for the purposes of our business and promotions and will not be sold to or shared with a third party for that third party’s promotional purposes.
Genesis Fitness Health and Fitness Club Ltd may share personal information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. Personal information is not provided to these entities for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
If you send us an email, we will store your email address and the contents of the email. This information will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it. Only authorised employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) are granted access to this information. Electronic mail submitted to Genesis Fitness is handled and saved according to the provisions of the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
The Company shall immediately stop sending marketing materials to the Customer should the Customer so request. If you do not want to receive any communications from us you may opt out by contacting us via this email address: email@example.com
All customers have the right to access and correct their personal information. When information on historical purchases is requested by the customer, the proof of identity will be requested and verified before any information is disclosed.